Monday, March 9, 2009

back

I just got back from 7 days in sunny St. George. Perfect time to leave the north. It was a crazy busy trip, but I got in some visits with my cousin Amy, some fun conversations with my sister-in-law Peggy about our husband-brothers and met my newest nephew Charlie, visited Vickie and her 3 day old son Liam, and visited Trav and Harmony and their week old daughter Alida. So many babies! Also I got to go swimming and tried out my first spinning class with Dad, which was pretty awesome. Plus my cousin Alex miraculously retrieved our data off of our crashed hard drive so I picked that up - hooray! Other than that, Lily and Jack spent 4-6 hours a day with their Mimi while I drove between Kayenta, Dixie Downs, Lowe's, Home Depot and Jones Paint and Glass about 23 times racking up about 300 miles on Janet's Audi. I was double homesick for this trip. It is hard to see our first home in someone else's hands without lots of possesive feelings.

It is super nice to be home. Even nicer to sleep with Adam instead of Lily, who invariably ended up on my pillow with at least part of her body slumped over my head a few times a night. She was very confused last night when we wouldn't let her in our bed. Adam had the house cleaned and dinner made last night - so wonderful!