Thursday, May 3, 2012

spring breaks for everyone!

(Waking up Grandpa - following in our footsteps.  Poor Dad.  He probably thought he was done with being jumped on in the morning on the weekend.)

A few weeks before the kids had spring break, Mom mentioned that she was wondering why I never sent the kids down to St. George without us to stay with her.  Bingo!  Everything came together and much to Mom's surprise she got what she asked for!  Janet and Terrel came and picked them up on their way home from Idaho, and had them the first few days of the week before dropping them off at my parents.  In the meantime Adam and I got the chance to relive, for a week, having only one baby to take care of.  WOW.  Kids are a lot of work!  I didn't fully realize until I was at home without them.  We went on lots of dates and lots of drives (absent Lily whining about how BORING car rides are), and I was able to get a ton of stuff done, plus a lot of little projects that I have put off for a long time.  It was an amazing spring break for me, and pretty much I am eternally grateful for our parents, who are so supportive and know that those breaks help us be better parents.  :)  Hopefully we can do that every year, although I think Mom is still reeling.  hehe  Adam and I have been struggling with our wanna-be teenager/5 yr old girl, so it came at such a good time for us to take some time and figure out some things we need to change at home.  It was so fun to drive up to the house and see Jackson outside digging and come running over to give me a big hug.  Both kids were super-sun kissed from hours in the pool, and their hair all tangled and sandy from playing outside.  Mom described Lily as a little lost Indian.  It reminded me of how much happy time I spent in St. George with my grandparents when I was young.  Hopefully Lily and Jack are creating wonderful memories to look back on.  And we know now that Jackson likes his house and Ogden, and Lily wants to move to St. George because it is FUN and home is BORING.  The night before we were planning to leave, Jackson was so upset that we weren't going home immediately; Lily on the other hand said that I could leave her there for a few weeks (we were coming back the end of April) because she had gotten to see me and was okay and didn't want to go home.

1 comment:

Britt-Marie said...

I still think that's pretty amazing that your parents (and Adam's) let them come stay with them. I bet they will always remember. Glad you enjoyed the "spring break" and were able to get some things done.