Wednesday, July 3, 2013

so long ago


Britt came to visit in April.  Unfortunately this was within the first few weeks of the pregnancy, where I was still in denial, not wanting to accept the fact that I will be responsible for another child, when I feel so inadequate/not in control/at the end of my rope/etc etc.
The kids had fun though, and Britt probably saved me from a mental breakdown as I fretted all day long; her presence was a wonderful and much needed distraction.  She also got us out of the house, which was quite an accomplishment back then.
She wanted to take her kids to the Dinosaur Museum, where we hadn't been in 2 years and all I could remember was that it was expensive and the kids played on the playground.  I am glad I listened to her!  The kids loved the inside museum stuff, especially the rocks.  Eleanor really got Lily into rocks during her stay here, not so good news for our vacuum, which hopefully will survive all of the forgotten rocks hidden in our carpet.
One of these visits, Britt, I won't be pregnant and be such a drag, I promise.  Thanks for spending the time with us instead of all in St. George.  :)  I am lucky you have stuck around with me all of these years.
Mindy started the ball rolling for a girl's weekend, which was executed in May.  So amazing!  Sarah, Mindy, Janet, Ashley, Audrey, Janna and I were all able to leave our kids and lives for a few days to spend time shopping and at the beach.  So much shopping - I was kind of bummed I was carrying around the extra 15 lbs, but oh well.  Ashley had an extra maternity swimsuit (Amanda had the one that the three of us Dabney girls rotated through pregnancies...) she let me borrow, so I got to go boogie boarding - it's been a few years!  So much fun.  What an amazing bunch of husbands, we left behind 22 kids, 17 under the age of 6.  Terrel and TCN helped a bunch with gift cards, and Janet prepared beforehand with journals and questions/prompts to get us writing.  One morning we met together to openly discuss the questions, it was an amazing experience.  The Spirit was very strong, and along with other topics, we were able to share a lot of our personal thoughts and experiences regarding Amelia's passing.  A very treasured memory, and definitely not your average beach trip.  I am very blessed to be part of such a great group of women.

No comments: