Thursday, August 22, 2013

a sweet surprise

We took the kids to ultrasound #4.  It seemed like they recognized some of the body parts, but probably most just went over their heads.  Once we went to the other room Lily went right to work with telling the boys she was going to look at their bellies.  
We had the ultrasound tech write in an envelope whether it was a boy or girl.  Honestly with the Dabney girl track record I just assumed it was a boy.  I knew Lily would be so disappointed to be even more outnumbered, so I thought I would make it as fun as possible.  I asked my neighbor who does cakes to decorate one for us with the gender-colored frosting inside.  She made it SO CUTE!  Lily thought the little onesie with "or" on it was the best thing ever.
Right before the cut!
And after!  I was filming, and am not sure how good a job I did because I was pretty stunned by the pink frosting.  Can't believe we're having another girl!  It's been so long.  Lily was super excited, and besides the mental breakdown I had the next day from being terrified of ruining yet ANOTHER little girl's life (because really - that Lily can pull out the drama like nothing else), Adam and I think it will be pretty neat to have two boys and two girls.  Yeah for brothers and sisters!

And as long as we're talking about cakes, a friend got me to sign up for the cake decorating classes at Michaels, and Lily has been LOVING practicing with the frosting and tips.  She was so proud of this board.  The next week was dots and lines, and I was on the phone when she wanted to do it.  Not understanding the coupling, she used her teeth to change the frosting tip.....but then did some perfect techniques without being shown how.  Pretty neat to see her so excited.  

No comments: