Thursday, June 5, 2014

summer time!

 Summer started yesterday.  It's times like these that really make me realize how low-effort my mothering really is.....Good thing I have these kiddos.
 2 1/2 year olds.  The bane of my existence.  So darn cute though, although I feel like I am going to go crazy - like super crazy - 3 or 4 times a day.
 Jackson graduated from Preschool Express!  He was pretty shy when they asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up.  He said policeman.  I can't believe he will be going to Kindergarten in the fall.
 We sold Raymond.  On our closing date I went to meet a plumber there to fix the kitchen sink so it would drain better.  The flowers were so gorgeous.  That was just a wonderful house!
 Here is a close up of the lilac bush that Adam gave me on my very first Mother's Day.  Can't wait to start another one here!  Such a sweet smell.  I would park the car right by it so I could smell the blossoms whenever getting in or out.
Right after I took this picture I ran out the door to get to an appointment I was late for.  I had set up a babysitter and she said she was on her way - I called her in the car to make sure she got in, and she said she had.  Once my appoint was done 50 minutes later, I looked at my phone and saw all of these texts saying there was a mix up, etc etc, and she had gone to a different home - I figured she made it to our house pretty quickly, but then saw a text that said "Do you still need me to watch your kids".  Cue heart dropping, holy smokes.  I high-tailed it out of that building, yanked off my high heels and sprinted across the parking lot to the van, then sped all the way home (luckily it was like 2 miles away).  I ran in the house and called for Lily, she came around the corner and said "MOM, GUESS WHAT.  DESI NEVER CAME!"  I held her and could tell she had been so worried and stressed!  Poor girl.  So grateful that nothing happened while I was gone.  And such a crazy circumstance that the girl totally thought she was talking to her neighbor and not me - I even said my name at one point but she didn't understand me because she had dropped her phone or something?  Crazy.  Lily sure is growing up though.  She had put Ada down for a nap and put a show on for the boys.  She'll be an awesome babysitter some day.  And now one of my biggest fears has come to life - I have had nightmares about that happening.  Again, so lucky nothing happened, nobody came to the door....so many ifs.

No comments: