Friday, July 18, 2008

Colorado Springs

Last week Lily and I visited Amanda and Tyler in Colorado. It was an awesome week. They are living at an apartment complex with the neatest pool - so many little outlets for kids to play in. And as always, Amanda had planned a busy week with lots of fun activities. We went to the America the Beautiful Park - this fountain was built to memorialize Julie Penrose, the author of "America the Beautiful." From far back, if you look through the circle you can see the landscape that inspired the words to the song. It was an amazing view - plus Lily of course loved wading in the water and playing at the park nearby. Tyler was nice enough to babysit Lily one night while Amanda and I got pedicures - it's nice to have someone else scrub your feet when you're pregnant! Lily was so spoiled by her Aunt Amanda - she gave her so much attention and played with her and read with her - Lily just loves her and I loved the vacation that came along with it!

And of course Amanda put any of my cooking efforts to shame with the meals that she threw together at all hours of the day. She is so amazing! It was a wonderful trip - we went on walks and had so much time to talk.

This trip was given to us (okay, okay, mainly me) by Mom and Dad, who knew how much I needed some sister-time. Thank you!

1 comment:

amanda said...

You make me sound too good, Sabrina! What a fun week though, I can't wait to see you again in August. Cool new blog!