Monday, July 28, 2008

Lava Family Reunion

Last week we went to Lava Hot Springs in Idaho for Adam's Dad's side family reunion. It was a great trip. Terrel did an awesome job preparing for the few days we spent there. The first night we were there we went on a wagon ride to a small little camp by the river for a BBQ dinner. Lily wasn't too interested in the food - she stood and danced by the two men who were playing some folk/country music for most of the time.
We stayed at an Inn with the natural hot springs pools. There was a big one that wasn't too hot that I was able to do laps in one morning - so nice! - and otherwise all of the kids were in it for most of the day. Lily absolutely loved it, of course. Check out Adam's sunburn - he is still paying for that one.

Adam also took me on a 'float' down the river. I have to admit that I screamed through most of the dips - there were only a few - but it was so much fun. I was a bit nervous as I can barely lug this belly of mine around on solid ground, but we never tipped with our combined weight and I was really glad I went.

As always, being around the Bird's means that Janet is always willing to watch Lily (along with most of the other grandkids), so it was another great vacation for me. Adam and I enjoyed seeing Lily interact with her cousins - she had so much fun following them around, and they all were so nice to her and played with her so well.

Terrel also included quite a few geneology/family history type experiences as well. He and his siblings told some childhood memories, and he also arranged for a BYU professor to come and talk about the Welsh LDS immigrants, as the Bird's have a family line from Wales. It made the trip very meaningful and it was neat to see Terrel so happy to be with his Dad and siblings.

No comments: