Monday, January 5, 2009

today and yesterday

Today I tried to be sneaky and only eat chocolate while my kids were sleeping. Jack apparently has a sixth sense for when I'm trying to get away with something, as one minute I am enjoying some homemade toffee and peppermint bark from a friend, and the next minute I am holding a crying baby who has just thrown up on my shoulder and has had a blow-out diaper. There went my appetite.(his brain is still hard at work)

Yesterday at church Lily reminded me I have a 2 year old that is faster than I realize. After changing her diaper, she went out in the hall while I washed my hands. Two seconds later she walked up to me with a big bag of opened candy - no one was in the hallway. After checking around the corners and asking repeatedly where she got the candy from, she pointed to the wall cabinets and said "treat." I tried opening about 4 of them before finding one unlocked with some candy on the bottom shelf. It's like she was drawn to the one unopened closet in the building with candy that was conveniently within her reach. Then during the sacrament prayer she folded her arms and head very nicely, so I shut my eyes and I swear 2 seconds later I opened them and she was gone: up to the front row where Adam was. She was standing in front of him grinning, pulling on his pants. It was almost as funny as her recent habit of opening a hymnbook, waving her arms around like she's conducting, and singing softly (think "The Little Mermaid) whenever the organ is being played.(preparing for more sneaky attempts to wear down Mom's sanity)

1 comment:

Britt-Marie said...

Those are just two very clever children, but that's what you get when their parents are so smart. Sounds like they are keeping you on your toes and keeping you eating healthy ;)