Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"5 OK years"

That is Adam's reply to how long we've been married. We got so incredibly spoiled this weekend. Janet used her discount to get us a free room (it was 150 sq.ft. bigger than the apartment we lived in for two years) at Green Valley Spa for two nights, and offered to babysit the kids. WOW. Talk about relaxation. Two nights in a row with absolutely no danger whatsoever of being woken up. Going out to eat without having to protect the salt and pepper shakers, drinks, hot plates, etc etc - and having a normal conversation. Being able to empty my purse of diapers and wipes and toys and snacks and nursing covers - for TWO DAYS. Two mornings not having to get the kids ready. Two days of changing 1 diaper instead of 7 or 8 (we went back and forth so I could nurse Jack). Two days of my brain not being frazzled by two-year old tantrums. I got to sit in a hot tub. I can't remember the last time that happened. It was seriously an incredible weekend. I was able to just sit and do nothing. So awesome. Not to mention how beautiful it smelled at the spa. There was honeysuckle EVERYWHERE. It was amazing just to breathe.Lily couldn't have cared less that we were gone. She had tons of cousins to play with and tons of treats to eat. So I totally agree with my mom - "That Janet is a saint." She was also taking care of a few other babies while their parents were off relaxing as well. Here's to Mimi and Papa! Thank you so much for everything.

1 comment:

Britt-Marie said...

I'm so glad you were able to go and have a nice time. Two days/nights without the kids! Amazing! Looks like a nice place. I've heard it said that you can tell how the last year went by how you spend your anniversary. Looks like you had a great one.
And I bet Lily just had a blast without you too.