Tuesday, June 9, 2009

company

Amanda and Henry have come and gone. It was such a great week! It was so nice to have someone around to go on walks with, cook with, and just talk to. We made a bit too many treats, but went on long walks by the river and Beus Pond to (partly) make up for it.One of Amanda's favorite (I'm pretty sure it was her idea) games to play when we were younger was "Queen Sabrina." :D It was an awesome game. I'm sure that is why she is such a good cook today - she would obey my every command, including making treats for me. So I tried to switch roles last week, and it was totally working until a chocolate cake we made spilled *way* over while cooking and suddenly I was on the phone and she was scrubbing my oven. I guess some things never change. I hope the fact I did the dishes all week, including all 30 bowls she used to make strawberry cupcakes, was a nice break for her (I tried to commandeer the cooking after that).Lily absolutely adores Amanda. She thought it was pretty darn neat every morning that she and Henry were still around.We successfully got all 3 car seats in. That means no van for our next baby. Yahoo!

No comments: