Sunday, August 9, 2009

busy

Yesterday was a pretty good day, except when I ran over a dog. Adam and I went to Huntsville in the morning and went on a short bike ride up to the Monastery. It is so beautiful up there.Later that night we went back up to Eden to go to Music in the Mountains. Jon Schmidt was playing, it was so awesome. Both kids were very happy and hyper the entire time, despite me trying to keep them wrapped up since it was a bit cold. Lily was all over the place, and was a chatterbox the entire way home. I tried to get Adam to admit how cooler that activity was than watching a movie.
But he was a bit reluctant.

Stupid Ogden Valley needs to stop naming things after wolves. I followed signs to Wolf Creek, thinking it would take me to Wolf Mountain; on the way to fix my mistake I ran over a beagle. It was very terrifying, but apparently this one was like a brick. I talked to the owners today and they said the vet just popped a dislocated tendon/shoulder back in, and that was it. He sure did a number on our fender though, much to Adam's dismay. In other news, Jack had quite a week. I'm sure this will make me sound pretty stupid, but really, Lily did not give me any practice for this kind of thing. He is such a climber - always wanting to get higher. He has been playing in the dishwasher for a few months now, but he almost fell off the other day. He figured out how to get out of a number of buckles - shopping cart, feeding chair... yes, he fell off the counter after climbing out of his chair. He got stung by a wasp. He threw his first significant tantrum after I brought him inside - he LOVES to be outside. He's also working on his 4th tooth. So I'm thinking I really need to get my act together.

Mom and Dad came up to visit a while ago. We celebrated Dad's birthday - 66 yrs! It was so nice to have them here. Lily gets so excited to see them, and I love to have the company. I'm hoping we'll have more visitors soon. I can't believe summer is almost over.
Here is the birthday boy - he is extremely happy to be getting his social security checks in just a few months!

1 comment:

Britt-Marie said...

That music in the mt thing looks really cool. (and Jon Schmidt always makes me think of you.) We need to do more stuff out in the community like that.
How neat that you got to celebrate with your dad. That's nice your kids get to see them so often.
p.s. I'm glad the dog's okay. That would freak me out.