Sunday, September 20, 2009

in motion

Two weeks in St. George (with a 2 day break in Ogden for Activities Day and work) got Jack on his feet.
It also gave Lily enough time to learn how boring her mom is compared to her Aunt Amanda.
St. George gave me time to fall in love with this little chunker and his mom's cooking, and a whole week with my mom and dad(happy 40th!) not at the office. I know, pretty crazy.
I got home bracing myself for a day getting caught up from so much traveling. Instead I found scrubbed sinks and counters. Clean floors. Laundry and dishes done. BEDS MADE (that seriously never happens). Flowers on the counter. I spent a day in shock from that gift from my mother-in-law, who was in town since Terrel got sent to the hospital from a crash in the Lotoja, with fractured ribs and a punctured lung. Seriously, she remembers being a young mother and boy does she know how to relieve the pressure points.

And being able to kiss this guy after a 6 day hiatus?
Icing on the cake.

2 comments:

Britt-Marie said...

He's walking! Yippie... and oh no. hehe
I'm so glad you were able to celebrate with your parents and visit with your sister. Sounds like you had a great time.
I bet it was tough being away from your husband for that long. What a busy couple of weeks.

amanda said...

you totally need to send me some of those photos! We did have such a great time. It went by way too fast!