Wednesday, April 14, 2010

neglect and easter in the desert

I am sure Adam was trying to tell me something else besides what he wrote. I left it up there for a long time, as the last time I received something in writing from him was Valentine's Day 2009.
I went downstairs one morning to do laundry and came up to an empty house. Outside I found my kids parading up and down the sidewalk with the markers that read: "Caution Buried Gas Line." Unfortunately I failed to see exactly where they came from...
And also Jack with no pants on with snow on the ground. I have to keep the doors locked to keep him inside, he doesn't care a bit about being cold.
The Bird's had a nice Easter egg hunt out in Kayenta. The kids were very excited and so cute. Lily ran around with her cousins and Jack was content with his two eggs. He would only allow candy in his basket - no eggs, no wrappers, no money.

And there's our Easter Bunny. He kind of went nuts at the store and spent $50 on candy and toys. Seriously? I was pretty ticked, and confiscated everything I could and returned $20 of it, but still.

1 comment:

Britt-Marie said...

What a cute little parade. I bet it was a bit stressful too, to find your kids missing. Jack must be a tough kid. I would be freezing.
I was thinking that Easter baskets kind of end up like Christmas stockings with all the stuff that's in there. It's kind of crazy. I bet the kids were excited though, did they get sick from eating all of it? I wish my kids would have (and learned a lesson), instead they just bounced off the walls the rest of the day.