Sunday, June 6, 2010

we are not campers!

During Memorial Day weekend we drove down to Posey Lake near Escalante and went camping where there was still snow on the ground. It was cold. And screaming windy (all night long). But it was like a Bird family reunion since everyone was there but the Hendershots. Luckily Adam is not the only camping pansy in his family; when Jesse bailed the first night, as soon as we had scarfed down the amazingly delicious dutch oven dinner that Kurt made while I was sitting in my car with the heater and the kids, I had that car packed within about 2 minutes. Okay maybe 10. But to make some excuses, I forgot pillows - again. And Lily was scared of the toilet. And the fire (which would have been okay if it hadn't been freezing). But here are some happy pictures.
We saw about 5 deer on the way home, one of which stepped into the road and gave us the adrenaline shot to stay awake for the rest of the trip even though we were both dead tired.

1 comment:

Britt-Marie said...

Well, at least you tried it. My favorite part of camping is the food: cooking and eating. The actual spending the night on a hard lumpy ground I could do without, especially with kids who need their routine (and a crib to contain them) so they can fall asleep. Unfortunately the one time we went my kids *weren't* afraid of the fire.