Sunday, May 15, 2011

mother's day

Granny Lilly was in St. George for Mother's Day and so everyone gathered for a visit. I have to admit I was very reluctant as I had missed Relief Society so much, but I am so glad I didn't send Adam alone like I was contemplating. Lily got up to sing in Sacrament meeting with the Primary, and we got to hear Terrel speak as well. Another quite memorable moment was Oaks, who had a humongous blister along the entire bottom of his foot from stepping on a hot coal from a dutch oven dinner. Someone was describing how "Kurt told him about a hundred times not to touch the coals" and Oaks interjected very angrily "It wasn't a hundred times, it was only three!"
Lily was very excited to meet "Grandma Lilly" and gave lots of hugs throughout the trip. She thought it was great that they had the same name.
All of the grandchildren with Mimi and Granny. Jack was being especially cooperative as he had a Nintendo to play with.
And all of us! I really love this family. Maybe because we don't live in St. George? haha j/k We spend enough time there to practically live there.

I also got to go with my parent's to see Amy graduate from Dixie. She was chosen to be a speaker and it was so neat to hear her! She is so amazing, and has worked so hard along with Phil.

No comments: