Thursday, May 5, 2011

some wonder

I finally feel like the garden/outside is finished! Four years later. Lots of lessons learned, perhaps the most prevalent being that I have no natural instinct whatsoever for gardening! Anyhow, there are our strawberry blossoms in the area that was overrun with a useless ground cover plant that looked awful in the summer and that took me forever to clear out. The kids now know to kill the "evil yellow flowers" that pop up around the bird bath.
We took out the huge pine tree that I was constantly cleaning needles and pine cones from - really brightened our yard a ton! Although I doubt I am going to get much (or anything) from this area, I 'tilled' (slowly loosened the soil by hand) soil pep in to balance out the acidity and planted a few veggies. The kids are such a huge help in the yard, we love to be outside.
I just thought this was neat enough to share. Janet and Terrel found a hummingbird nest and we got a few shots of the mom, the eggs, and the babies after they were born. Fascinating! So tiny.
And lastly I have to include this picture of my dad as I am reminded of it most times I glance over at Adam and realize how big his mustache has gotten.

No comments: