Saturday, August 25, 2012

holy smokes, 4 years old!!!!

I can't believe my little boy is 4!  He has been giving us a run for our money lately, pushing our buttons right and left, causing Adam to say every other day or so "I do not understand that kid", but it had to happen sooner or later, right?  You can only spoil a boy so much.... He's a good kid, a big helper, and independent like nothing else.  He is constantly doing things he's seen adults doing and acting like it is his job.  Kind of exasperating but at least pretty easy to work with, except when a tantrum follows.... 
Here is Sebastian, Madeleine, Lily and Jack making the birthday cake!  I didn't put one ingredient in the bowl, or even crack an egg!  Super good helpers!
Here is the finished product.  He wanted a Cars 2 theme, so I borrowed some tiny cake pans from my neighbor and came out with these as an alternative to last year's flat roads.
 Britt made me that cute sign for my birthday - I LOVE IT!!!  I am going to use it for every birthday in our family.  She used fabric with a bird-print and it is just gorgeous.
 We had a water/pool party outside for the kids, with some obstacle course games as well.  This was the first year Adam has been able to help with a kid party and he was pretty shell shocked about half way through. 

He was so cute with his presents, and hugged each one after he got it.
On his actual birthday, he woke up to his presents under that cute banner, then Lily headed off to school and Adam took him out to breakfast.  Then we went shopping for new clothes and shoes for school, and that afternoon picked up Adam from Lagoon (work party) and went down to Salt Lake to eat at the Spaghetti Factory in the trolley!  The kids were so excited and Jackson seemed very happy to be 4!  His favorite thing right now is to go after you with "pokes" and to get tickles in return.  He is obsessed with knowing how things work, and loves to take stuff apart.  We love our buddy Jack!

No comments: