Saturday, August 18, 2012

specifications

I am 30 years old!
To celebrate the milestone, I planned quite a few activities.  I recruited my sister-in-law Sarah to take me shopping while her daughters babysat all day.  :)  It was so much fun!  Sarah was so nice to take an entire day to talk to me about fashion and help me pick out clothes and outfits and shoes.  I have been wanting to get a new wardrobe for a long time and Adam encouraged me to do it for this birthday.  About a week later we went to St. George, where we basically dropped off Lily and Jack at the Bird's to enjoy the enormous bounce house that Janet got to celebrate her 60th birthday.  It was so neat to have them spend time with their cousins - they are all such good kids - I am always amazed at how kind the older ones are to the younger ones.  Jackson would tell me how Dreyden helped him go down the slide, and Lily would be included with Olivia, Boston, Elle and Claire.  We are so lucky to be a part of such a wonderful family.  Mom treated me to a pedicure and lunch; so fun to spend some time with just her!  I also got some time with her and Dad while Adam was out golfing with Dreyden.  Adam and I were able to go out to eat at one of my favorite restaurants, and also catch a showing of the Bourne Legacy.  Yeah for free babysitting!!  The weekend went by too fast.  The following week I finished training for the 35 mile bike ride I signed up for to do the day of my birthday.  It was called the Wildflower Pedalfest, and I did the Sego Lilly ride.  It was all girls, and so very low pressure and the 'feed zones' had fresh fruit, granola bars, candy, and a ton of other stuff.  I was cheered on by Adam and the kids, who got out to yell "Happy Birthday" as I rode by.  It was so cool!  Put a huge smile on my face and made me so happy.  Adam motivated me by saying I shouldn't be worried about finishing, but I should remember to finish FAST, which did the trick!  I finished in 2 hours and 20 minutes (my goal was 2h 30m so I was very happy!)  Afterwards we headed to Salt Lake to have Matt and Jana babysit while we went out for dinner.  It was wonderful!  I also got spoiled by friends and family who sent packages and emails.  It was a very spread out celebration and I don't even miss being in my 20's!

1 comment:

amanda said...

Happy birthday to you and Jack!!!