Sunday, October 6, 2013

fast!

Our stake does a one mile walk/run along with the 5k, so I thought I would see if Lily wanted to try it out and run with Adam.  She was excited to do it, especially after I showed her pictures of Brooklyn running a 5k.  Prior to that morning, I was getting pretty nervous about what kind of experience it would be for her.
I was kind of surprised how jealous I was that Adam got to do it with her, and also that I started to cry when I saw her running up to the finish line!   She was so cute!  And very thirsty!  Adam said she ran a good portion of the way, trying super hard.  She finished at about 11min 30 sec.  Since that is my average when I go more than 6 miles I was super impressed!  :)
 Jackson felt pretty left out, and kept on asking me when he was going to be able to go running.  I searched and searched for another 1 miler, but no luck.  When I asked if it looked pretty fun, he said yes and that he wanted to run with Lily so they could hold hands and finish together.  Pretty much the sweetest thing ever.  I am so excited to have them as running buddies next year!!!!
 Adam recently got to cash in his Father's Day present of trying out a Ferrari on a race track.  It was in Tooele so he went by himself (hr+ drive).  I had no idea what kind of experience it would be, as I paid quite a bit for it, even with 50% off.  It ended up being about 15 minutes in the car.....I was worried when he told me that, but he actually was very happy (yippee for non-failed presents)!  He said at first he thought "it's just a car," but then when he got to drive it was super impressed, and informed me that we'll probably get one some day, regardless of the $250,000 price tag.  Ha!
(Such a good looking guy!!!)
And as long as we're talking about being fast, Isaac and Jackson have been entertaining themselves this past week with going "fa!" (per Isaac) down the hallway, with huge jumps into the bedrooms at the end.  It always surprises me how long they will do it - especially when I'm watching and saying "wow!"  I am so glad Jack is home half the day, I can't imagine how lonely Isaac is going to be when Jack is at school more.  For the most part they play so well together - just a few issues with teasing......

No comments: