Monday, October 7, 2013

two years

 Isaac turned 2 years old on Saturday!  I don't have the words to say how much this little boy means to our family.  He is such a little firecracker - super happy one moment and screaming his head off the next.  Typical 2 year old!
 Lily and Jackson are so sweet with him, and it's so neat to have such a little cutie around to remind us how fun it is to be super silly.
 Jackson got some of these magnets from Grandma for his birthday, and the kids are always fighting over them, so Isaac got more to supplement the collection!   Saturday was a crazy day so he opened his present (wrapped by Lily) late that night, and didn't play with it until morning came.  He then got a waffle with 2 candles in it....yep, third kid.
 Adam is still his favorite; he's always asking where Daddy is, and follows him around whenever Adam's home.  As for me, I've been super nostalgic whenever I think of him being two - I remember when Lily was this small and it's crazy how fast time has gone.  Not cool!
 One of Isaac's favorite things is to throw balls.  He's quite good at playing 'catch', and loves to kick as well.  He is a good little communicator and saying new words every day.  He loves to play chase, and will keep up with Lily and Jackson pretty well (especially when they are being kind and waiting up for him....not all the time).  He loves to tickle, wrestle, build with blocks and play with water.  He has some pretty crazy tendencies of crashing toys together and making sound effects; also will use pretty much anything as a gun to pretend he's shooting you (one night it was a hair clip of Lily's - he probably elicits the most 'what the?' looks from me and Adam out of all of the kids).  He loves to bring me and Adam books to have us read to him on our laps.  He is a super good helper, and will always say thank you when you respond to a request: he says "q-e" and it's pretty much the cutest thing ever.
What an absolute joy to have him keep me company while the kids are at school - although I won't lie I really like it when he naps too.  I love this boy!

No comments: