Tuesday, May 13, 2014

saying goodbye to raymond

7 years and 2 months.  We moved in when Lily was 3 months old.  I brought home 3 babies from the hospital.
 We made so many wonderful friends.  Had so many growing experiences.
It is so strange being there, in such a familiar place but missing the feeling of it not being where we live.  Seeing Isaac struggle to open that crappy screen door, the same way Lily and Jackson had to learn when they were small.  Coming up the stairs into that open space with the front room and kitchen.  It was such a neat house!
 And the backyard was so fun.  Nice and enclosed with all of the trees, and I still think it is so funny Adam wanted to get rid of the playset - the kids spent so much time playing there and miss those swings.
 Our front door which I loved but hated that anyone could basically see our entire house from the porch.  Going throughout the home when it's empty is crazy.  I feel bombarded with so many memories.
Isaac didn't get big enough to learn to climb those trees.  This was my view the 20 times a day I would peek out and check on the kids playing in the front yard.  They loved that place.

And here we are with our spring flowers coming out.  I am going to miss a lot of things about that house.  But not the weeding on those little slopes.

No comments: