Sunday, August 31, 2014

extras!

It is a sad thought this is my last baby I will get to hold while sleeping!  What a beauty.  And such a happy girl.  Fills me with wonder at least daily how lucky we are to have gotten her (because that was a hard road).
Amanda is a wonderful photograph taker!  These are mostly her shots from our time in St. George together.  I love how Ada's arm is outstretched and she still has multiple rolls!
At the sand dunes.  Love that hat!
 This is where Isaac ate breakfast every day.  What a great porch!  Lots of hot air balloon shows as well, so fun for the kids.
 We went up to Pinevalley one day.  Here is Dad telling stories of how aunts and uncles met.  Better than TV!
 On the same hammock I played on as a kid at my Grandma and Grandpa's house!  Unfortunately this was the straw that broke the camel's back, and the rusted metal broke a few minutes later...
 Henry is such a great reader!  Lily is pensively listening - she loves to pose for the camera!
 Nathan showing Henry how to play a video game, since his parents won't even buy a suitable TV.  Nathan was quite impressed by Jackson's skills.  I guess he forgot how good I was as a kid!
 At the trampoline park with Grandpa.  Dad thought it was so funny how Isaac never sank the trampoline because he is so tiny.
 Flower girl.  Lily seemed pretty happy with her summer in St. George.  She is starting at another school this year, the 3rd in 3 years.  She is such a trooper.
 And she loves her Aunt Amanda.  Who doesn't?  She is basically the best thing since sliced bread.
 The only time this has ever happened, and probably the last.  At our hotel in Boise, Idaho on the way home from Cannon Beach.  Cute kids.
Some other summer fun included having Carly and Carson come down for a sleep over.  We met Jana at the Tracy Aviary for the afternoon, then came home so the kids could play!  Lily and Jack are lucky to have such nice cousins.  They really do play great together.  They stayed 2 nights, and then Jana and Matt came up and we went to Pineview Reservoir to spend the afternoon at the beach.  The kids were in heaven.  Adam bought a little rowboat that they all loved.  Ada loved the water, I was surprised since it was so cold.  She loved the sand as well, and when she got back in the water with Adam actually fell asleep on his chest.
I also had a brithday - 32!  I got my hair cut, much to Adam's dismay.  Top comments included "What did you DO!!!" right when I walked in the door; and "You know I like long hair."  Always fun.  I bought a wheat grinder (so much more fun making bread when your kids actually eat it!), registered for a triathlon to do with Liz, and got my violin cleaned and fixed and a new case.  It was used by a neighbor for the past 5 years, and I finally got it back.  Very exciting!  We got to go on a date in St. George the weekend before too.  Good year.

No comments: