Monday, September 1, 2014

treasures

 We celebrated Jackson's 6th birthday last week, treasure hunt style!  He requested chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting.  Jake, Josh, Kate, Booker, and Sebastian were invited.  He tried to get more friends but I said 6 is it (Jaxon couldn't come last minute).  I was the Captain and Lily my first mate.
The kids were super excited about finding all of the clues, but apparently hot tubbing was on the brain, since once they had found the super cool treasure chest (stained by Adam) filled with chocolate gold coins and jelly bean jewels and had a pirate cupcake, Jackson asked me "Mom, aren't we going to do something fun?"
 I love this shot of Lily and Jackson.  Best buddies!  The week before we celebrated in St. George with Grandma and Grandpa and Liz's kids too.  Trampoline park, and swimming in Veyo.  He seemed quite happy, especially with the new Wii game Grandma and Grandpa gave him.  He has never been so excited to come home before.  And the night before his party it was his turn for a night out with Dad, who took him to "How to Train Your Dragon 2" - with popcorn, candy and a big drink!  He was very excited.
(With Henry earlier in the summer)
Jackson is our wandering boy - he LOVES to explore!  I finally quit procrastinating and got Adam to take off his training wheels.  He sure wasn't happy at first, but within two days of working working working he finally got the hang of it!  Pretty neat to be able to see such hard work pay off, he was so determined.  And SO HAPPY when he got it.  He told me to take pictures, and call Dad, and send a picture to his friend's mom.  Super cute.  Interesting to compare to Lily:  while Jackson wanted help and guidance at first, Lily is one to push you away "I can do it myself!"  "I know how to do it!"  Funny how different their learning styles are.  
I took both of them to the Weber River path so we could bike and they LOVED it.  Jackson was so mad when we had to leave.  He was weaving in and out of the separating lines; standing up to pump up hills, and putting his feet up on his bike seat - all of the things he could do with training wheels.  Every few days he will tell me he is glad he took off his training wheels.  Such a neat kid.  At church yesterday I got him from his Primary class, where he was in the middle of telling a story to his teacher.  He continued telling me on the way home and kept on going - for 45 minutes!  He really has an awesome imagination.  I think he learned the art from Amanda's "Kid Stories" at bedtime, where she gave the kids reign at some of the story intersections.  At any given time you will likely find Jackson with something resembling a gun or swords/knives, completely lost in his own world of fighting and shooting.  Pretty neat except when you want his attention.  Can't believe he is 6 years old!
(At the cupcake store in St. George - courtesy of Amanda, of course.)  He started Kindergarten a few days after his birthday.  He is very excited to be going to a big school with his big sister.  I just wish it was all day instead of half day - after 3 years of preschool he is definitely ready!  He loves a good joke, too.  The other day he asked why he kept on forgetting things.  I said "hmm...because you're crazy?"  And he started yelling and saying "Ahh!  My hand is bleeding on fire!  Why is my hand bleeding on fire??" I asked why, and he said "Because.....Lily kicked my elbow?"  Love his silliness.
The kids were so excited when I had Ada join them for a dip in the hot tub.  This is one of the kids' favorite things ever.  I didn't think she would like it so much but she did!  Loved splashing just like Isaac.  And can I just say how awesome those trees are - it is a great deck!
The day finally came!  The kids have been watching the temple be built for the last 3+ years, and were SO EXCITED that we could finally go in!  The tour was a bit rushed compared to Brigham City, but nevertheless it was really neat to be able to take the kids through.  Isaac loved the water features the best.  Lily loved the diamond lights.  Jackson loved the windows.  It was a very special day, and I am grateful we got tickets even though I procrastinated getting them!
After the tour.  What a crew!  We are so happy to have a temple close again!  Cuts off an hour of babysitting time since we're not driving to Bountiful.

1 comment:

Britt-Marie said...

wow. did you post this like one minute ago while I was reading "extras?"
How do you have time for that?
I love it though. Keep it up.