Sunday, September 28, 2014

numbers one and three

This post was started a while ago - before the St. George move was in the works!  So even though I talked a bunch about Isaac and Lily in the last post I couldn't pass up talking about this daughter of mine.  She was pretty amazing this year - against her requests to stay in her school in North Ogden, I was done with that distance and not being more involved in her classroom, and had heard good things about the neighborhood school.  So we put her in ANOTHER school.  3 for 3!  And so in St. George it will be 4 different schools in 3 school years...this girl is up to the challenge though.
Her first day of school she was quite worked up and nervous, and so by the time I found her after school she was sobbing and so upset.  She didn't like the school, her teacher was mean, she never wanted to go back, etc etc.  I met her teacher at a Parent Teacher Conference a few hours later and she said Lily had been quite nervous and worried at lunch (of course - one thing I have bestowed upon my children is a fear of unfamiliar food) and it just seemed to escalate throughout the day.  She went to bed and ended up with a fever.  Missed the next day and was back at it the next day after a few pep talks.  So brave!  It is pretty neat to see kids being so resilient and strong.
Our move is pretty imminent and so free time won't be so plentiful next week - Isaac's 3rd birthday.  So I want to list a few things here that bring a smile to my face.  *"Sing Star Wars!  Sing Darth Vadar!"  (cue him putting serious face on and stomping around the house).  When he is play fighting with a sword or light saber he will say "I'm Skywalker!  I'm Darth Vadar!  I'm the emperor!  I'm yoda!"  He loves all things Star Wars!  *He loves candy, and includes it in his prayers often.  When we visited Grandma and Grandpa in August, Mom and I were sitting at the table and Isaac came and asked Mom something but we couldn't understand, and I said "What did you say?"  And he looked at me and furrowed his brows, then looked back at Mom and said "Grandma, can I have a chocolate drink?"  After the chocolate drink "Can I have an otter pop?"  Then "Can I watch a movie?"  He knows the goods at Grandma's house!  Mom said that he will ask why so much that she started asking "why not?" and Isaac would say "Why you say why not?"  So cute.  And although he loves the sweet stuff, he will also eat the most fruits and veggies of the 3 oldest kids.  Lily was sitting on the couch with me once and Isaac came up while eating a plum, and got a drop of juice on her leg.  She started freaking out and he looked at her with this serious face and said "Lily.  It's a plum."  Like 'you are crazy.'  Toddlers are so awesome in retrospect!  haha!  Today was the Primary Program and I had to set up chairs in the Primary room and we were late, so I rushed out the car and after a few minutes came to the pew where Adam was and couldn't see Isaac - he had been left in the car!  Poor boy.  I blamed Adam who forgot during his week away how much work it is to get 4 kids ready in the morning.  :)  Busy busy.

No comments: