Monday, August 18, 2008

"they'd better be beautiful, they cost enough"

That was Adam's reply to my exclamation of how beautiful the roses were he brought home for my birthday. What a great surprise! It's pretty rare he gets me flowers, which makes for a special occasion when he does. We also took advantage of some gift certificates to a restaurant and some neighbors that didn't mind us dropping off Lily with only 15 minutes notice. It was a very nice evening.

Lily's present to me was that she slept in until 10:00 a.m. Wow! That was a nice little break for me. We then headed up to Logan to have lunch with Erin and her kids Ethan and Lucy (Lily was born about 2 weeks after Lucy - it was really cute to see them together). When we got home Britt called and we talked until Adam got home - no downtime for me to start worrying about cooking or cleaning.

So my 26th birthday was a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Britt-Marie said...

lol well i'm glad you got to do something special for your birthday. sounds like a great day... and I'm glad you didn't have any time for cleaning- you need a day off!