Wednesday, April 1, 2009

some really, REALLY, really happy thoughts

~ I slept in my bed from 10:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. last night after being awake with 2 or 3 naps since 1:00 a.m. yesterday morning.
~ When I am holding Jackson he doesn't have an IV set up taped to his head with the tube attached to a machine, or an oxygen tube taped to both sides of his head coming down to his nose, or a tube attached to his foot to monitor his oxygen levels and heart rate. That was tricky walking around!
~ I got "free" breakfast, lunch and dinner - I totally take advantage of that food at Ogden Regional. Salmon, soup, salad, dessert, juice - I really piled it on. So yummy.
~ We got "free" Pampers diapers and wipes.
~ We don't know what our bill will be yet.
~ Jackson is nursing after not eating for 12 hrs straight yesterday.
~ Adam apparently thinks I am emotional supermom. When I went to call a neighbor to come sleep with Lily while we went to the ER, he said "You can go - I'll stay here." (I take that as a compliment).
~ Jackson's spinal fluid is clear - no meningitis! The pediatrician said he likely has a virus going around like RSV that lasts for 4-5 days - we only have like 1 or 2 left!
~ I have a slightly larger capacity for compassion of parents with sick kids. I can't imagine how it would have felt if something had gone really wrong.
~ Lily was good for Tamara yesterday - all 11 hours. (Or so she said...)
~ We have amazing families. I love my siblings.
~ Adam is my comfort haven. I could not have survived yesterday without him.

6 comments:

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

Oh, I am so glad. I am also happy that you got so much "free" stuff. I am happy that Jack is home and healthy-for the most part. I like that you made a list of positive things. It is nice to read.

Alicia Larsen Dabney said...

That sounds like a horribly long and stressful day, but I am so glad that Jackson doesn't have anything serious like meningitis. *hugs*

amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amanda said...

We are so glad that is all over with! I can't believe you have so many positive things to say, besides the big one - RSV instead of meningitis.

The Batchelders said...

Oh Sabrina I'm sorry I had no idea, and I even talked to you today. I'm glad everything is ok. That's scary.

mindy said...

I'm so glad everything turned out okay. When I did my clinical shift in the NICU, it was so sad to see all the tubes and wires coming from every direction - I'm so happy he's home safe now!