Tuesday, July 21, 2009

au naturale

My mom says that she wishes she wouldn't have forced Nathan to get dressed every day when he didn't want to. So I figured I would learn from this and therefore Lily is naked most of every day we're at home. She is totally in her element without clothes. In St. George she took them off at the wedding, and pretty much every where we stopped for more than 30 minutes. She thinks she is pretty tricky - she spills water on herself and then gives the excuse that her clothes got wet.Last night for FHE we went downtown to walk around and look at the Pioneer Day horses, and to play some games at the arcade. Lily and Jack saw the fountains outside of the Salomon Center, and of course wanted some water time. Lily immediately took off her dress, but we pulled the plug when she wanted her diaper off too. She screamed the rest of the way home - I asked Adam if he thought it was normal, or if we deprived her too much, or if it was maybe a bit extreme. He thought it was extreme - he was a bit ticked after the first 15 minutes of her tantrum, while I was just happy to have an adult to talk to so I could completely ignore her. :) I like to think it is normal, you just never see other kids like that because their parents take them out of public. Right???

2 comments:

Britt-Marie said...

No, sometimes I just let Eleanor have her tantrum. ha! I remember one time in Albertson's she was on the floor (and I think I was pregnant) so I just stood there next to her for a minute until she calmed down a bit.
I've gotten pretty used to tuning the screaming kids out when in the car too. That really is the best time out when you just ignore their tantrum. But 15 min.- she's got stamina.

mAtt aNd TaMaRa sMith said...

Franklin has learned that undressing is the way to go. It is hard to keep that boys clothes on. However, when he is undressed he potties in the toilet all day long. I don't even have to ask him to go he just does it. The tantrum thing just ignore them or put them on time out in the car. Franklin has had a lot of tantrums sense his dad has gone to school for the summer. Your family looks great!!!