Friday, October 30, 2009

last night

It was late, and I was tired. Adam wanted to contribute to the pumpkin carving contest at his work. (Unfortunately the StrongBad one he did with Lily a few weeks ago was too wrinkly.
We didn't get to bed until 11:30 p.m. Lily woke up at 3:00 a.m. wanting a drink of water.
And again at 3:30 a.m. and wanted to use the bathroom. I went in to get her and Jackson was awake. That never happens, so I got him out of his crib. He was covered in throw up.
So the nauseating smell, throwing up, crying, bottom wiping, laundry, diaper changing, discussions of what Jackson ate, etc etc took up the next hour.
I was putting new pajamas on Jackson and Adam put his hand on my arm and said "This is sure fun, huh?" And then he smiled.
And I smiled back and thought, it certainly is with you.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Sabs how cute!!!

amanda said...

wow that is a lot of trauma for 3am! and 4am! You two are tough. A very patient sort of tough.