Saturday, July 7, 2012

our first

 Adam and I have been trying to take the kids out on little separate dates for one-on-one time.  One of the first things I did with Lily was take her to a Fairy Ball at the Treehouse Museum.  She got to dress up, the museum was decorated so cute, Cinderella and her wicked stepsisters (men dressed as women so they were pretty awful) were there, and her favorite part was a magic show.  It was a fun night - she seemed pretty overwhelmed for the first little while because there was so many other little princesses everywhere, but she was so amazed at the magician she had a great time.
 Lily is such a cutie - loves everything girl, including drama!  She sure keeps us on her toes.  She loves to set things up, especially parties.  Here she set up a bird's nest with some hard boiled eggs, leaves and rocks.  She found a birthday princess music CD at the library and when my parents were visiting she made cupcakes with grandma and then set up a cute little birthday party in her room with Jackson. (Side note:  Kudos to my daughter for noticing how I clean up as I go when baking - she kept on telling Mom how much of a mess she was making and that I don't make messes in the kitchen.  :)  I have been trying to let her do more in the kitchen and sneak in little tidbits about what ingredients do and why recipes work.  I love having a cooking buddy!
 She loves taking care of Isaac still, although yesterday was quite upset when I said I was putting him down, because she HATES being quiet.  She unfortunately has picked up my bad temper - nothing like kids displaying your weaknesses to make you feel like a complete monster because you know they got it from you! - but is mostly willing to talk things over and work things out.  It's amazing how much she needs limits.  When she's free she becomes a little whining terror, but as soon as we set limits she is so much happier.  Very wonderful discovery.
For her birthday (6 months ago....) we gave her a certificate to go climbing at iRock.  We finally used it!  She was so cute, and worked so hard.  For some reason she got to this certain point on the wall and then was terrified she would start swinging around and fall.  But she was so darn brave.  Jackson went up a few feet a few times and then was done.  I'm hoping to be able to do this again soon, she was pretty excited to go up.
Hopefully we didn't do some irreparable damage since towards the end Adam would give her little boosts which scared her, and I was saying she wouldn't get ice cream unless she got to the top...Luckily I realized the ridiculousness of what we were doing and we let up and didn't force her to fulfill our expectations. 
 She finished preschool and is ready for kindergarten!  At her graduation they asked each child what they wanted to be when they grew up.  Lily answered "Rapunzel."  Pretty cute.  Grandma has been encouraging her to work at Disneyland as a Princess when she grows up.  I guess it's a step up from just wanting to be a Princess!
I love this little girl.  So much spunk, but in such a sweet package.

1 comment:

Liz said...

this is so valuable! how fun to have these memories and your loving words for her!