Saturday, July 7, 2012

our three


The kids had so much fun during our trips to St. George.  Lily was so excited to see Eve, one of the two other girl cousins on my side.  It had been a long time since we'd seen Nathan and his family!  There is a fun park over at Little Valley that the kids loved.  There was a swing there that was mostly a balancing bouncing thing that Adam had Lily on and bounced her, she let go and was flung up in the air to come crashing down.  I was in the car about to go to lunch with some cousins, and came back to see Lily with quite a bit of blood on her (and Adam's shirt).  We were very lucky she didn't get injured worse!
Here are the kids having a party in our closet.  I love their outfits, and love when they play together so happily and have so much fun.



I took a shower one day and asked the kids to watch Isaac.  I came out and they were having a sleepover.  So cute.
Lily got the scissors this time.  She got Jackson pretty good, and herself as well.  I was super grateful I could cut their hair this short as I (obviously, since I didn't bother before going to the salon) detest combing it.  Lily had the best story about hers though: she cut the little locks, then dipped them in water and stuck them to her baby picture "so the baby has hair!"  haha!
And here is the "after"!  So good looking!  Jackson was so darn excited to have short hair, and I told my parents and Adam to pretend they couldn't recognize them - they thought that was pretty funny.  Here grandpa is taking them on the train at the mall.  They have asked me many times and I say "No way - that is a grandpa thing to do!"  So they were quite happy when they came to town.

We got tickets for the summer movies down at the mall.  It has been great except for messing up Isaac's naptime.  I give the kids a quarter, they pick out some candy at the machine, and they don't whine for popcorn and treats at the concessions.  :)  Afterwards they play at the little mall playground and then it's lunch time!


Last but not least is swimming lessons!  We did them up at Weber State and I am so happy with the results.  Lily was excited but super hesitant the first time; she ended up being a little fish by about the 4th lesson!  Now she loves to go under and dive for things.  I love love love having her comfortable in the water.  Jackson wouldn't even get in at first but his teachers were persistant and got him in!  Even he will dip his head under now, which I think is amazing.  Adam and I are planning this year's activities.  I am very excited.  More swim lessons, tumbling for Lily, soccer for Jackson.  I would feel complete if we only had a piano!  I love that Liz and Nathan give such perspective to how cheap Utah is, also.  All of those things combined are well under $100/month, which is great since we're not paying preschool tuition this year.  :)

1 comment:

Liz said...

Love the hair!!!! so so fun to hear your stories! and what about B? - the other "only" girl cousin...!