Thursday, July 5, 2012

our second

 
Jackson still loves loves loves dirt, digging, dump trucks, and this spring discovered mud holes.  Luckily for me and my garden he is still a super big helper and so when it was time to transform his play area into a place for veggies and herbs, he happily helped me dig holes for the pots and is now very good with watering and pulling weeds.  Also we found another spot for him to go crazy with digging.
Jackson loves being outside and is always up for a bike ride or going "fast!"  After our trips to St. George where Jack got very comfortable on his bike, he is so fun to watch pump up hills.  He's so strong!  He always yells out when he's going down hills "wee-haaa!"  Pretty awesome.
He finished his first year of preschool.  We filmed the ceremony but I took no pictures except him enjoying the treat afterward.  We appreciated this program so much, and are so grateful that he can go again next year.  Every few weeks he'll ask if it's time to go to school or ride the bus.  He is talking so well and we don't have any major concerns, just me and my motherly worrying of other kids being nice to him, or other adults not paying attention to him since he's so quiet or they can't understand him when he does try to talk to them.  Which then leads to me worrying that I am giving him special treatment and making him a bit spoiled.
Jackson loves taking pictures and setting them up for me to take them sometimes.  Here he wanted me to get him and the flowers.  Something else cute he has been doing is telling me to close my eyes and follow him (? I began telling him he had to hold my hand since I couldn't see) and he'll say "not yet.  not yet." until we get someplace, where he'll say "ok.  open your eyes!"  and there will be a surprise of some sort.  Once he had watered my raspberries; yesterday he and Adam cleared the deck; a lot of times it will be a 'castle' he has made of dirt.  So cute.
And of course he loves all things moving - trucks, motorcycles, trains!  We met up with Amanda, Henry and Peter at City Creek in Salt Lake, and the kids loved the skybridge.  Since he is starting to talk so much more he is deep in the "why?" stage.  I feel pretty guilty that I indulge pretty much every time he asks me, and I'm sure I got exasperated a lot faster when Lily was constantly asking "why".

Probably my favorite thing about Jackson right now is his sweetness.  He is always bringing me little things - flowers/petals from the garden, art projects, treats - and will say "you" as in, "this is for you."  Hard not to spoil that boy!

No comments: