Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving...

was also the Dabney Family Reunion this year. Everyone in my family was there - that hasn't happened for over 3 years or something. A long time. It was awesome seeing all of the little cousins together.Apparently it wasn't quite awesome enough for me to take more pictures of them together, though, as this is the only one. Here is Amanda, Henry, Lily, Nathan and Eve at Pirate's Pizza. And here is Jackson. Boy was he determined to get that token in the slot!

We had the main Thanksgiving dinner at the ward house with the Bentley's - it is always nice to return back to that tradition, no matter how crazy and big it gets. And this year was especially neat, as Lily is getting older and to the age of participating in the Talent Show just like I did when I was a little girl. ReAnn and KelliAnn got together a bunch of tutu's and put together a little ballet dance for all of the young girl cousins to do - it was so awesome.I was so impressed! I mean, we did tell her she would get a treat if she did it, but I couldn't believe how good she was with following the older girls and doing all of the moves! I thought she would just stand around.All the other girls exited but Lily came straight back and to the treat box.

We ended the weekend with a marathon temple day, switching back and forth with babysitting. We were able to do temple work for relatives, which was amazing! Mom's artistic photography. This year I was so grateful for my family being able to get together. A boy Adam and I knew in junior high and high school died the day before Thanksgiving and left his pregnant wife and 13 month old daughter. It was very humbling to get a clear view of how blessed we are to be together.

1 comment:

amanda said...

nice pictures! Will you send me copies? What a fun week, huh?