Sunday, December 28, 2014

spooky questions


 It is pretty silly, but one of the more prominent promptings of "Why did he want to marry me?" musings involve Halloween.  Adam loves scary movies, haunted houses, and to be spooked.  On the other hand, I remember despising Halloween as early as 5th grade.  Unfortunately for Adam our kids seem to be following in my footsteps (there's still time though, right?) and whine when Adam puts on a Tim Burton film.
In previous years I put off getting costumes for the kids, hoping that they will want to wear a previous years' garbs (I was a witch for about 5 years straight, my mom tells me), whereupon Adam finally drags the family to a Halloween store and wants to spend $30 a pop on whatever seems cool.  For the last two years I tried to prevent this from happening by asking Liz if she had any extra costumes, which she spent $30 to send me in the mail, but I was happy since I was "recycling" something that a lot of times gets used once.  Also I am not a seamstress so Adam would be beyond disappointed that I couldn't fancy up some of the outfits Liz sent...
 So this year!  I asked early, and Costco had them early, so we had a vampire (Lily wanted to have blood running down her chin), the Hulk, Wolverine, and of course our customary baby monkey.  Success!  For the first time ever.  Matt and Jana came down and went trick or treating with us, which was really nice.  I really liked being up north with them and getting together every so often.

 On another October note, here are the kids on their first day of school, at a school picnic I met them at.  What a great pair.
 And their first time off the bus!  Lily has been wanting to ride the bus ever since Jackson did for preschool; once she heard that Brooklyn and Zack ride their bikes that is her goal, but the bus suffices for now and gives me 1 1/2 hours more a day with the little babies.  :)

No comments: