Tuesday, December 30, 2014

very merry


Christmas was pretty fun this year.  Because of our laid back schedule here I wanted to focus on recreating some memories from when I was younger.  Music was always such a huge part of Christmas, since I was involved with orchestra throughout high school.  We went to the Nutcracker - so awesome!  I have to admit that I cried a bit at the beginning I was so happy.  I took Lily and Jack and Adam stayed with Isaac and Ada.  Jackson almost made it the entire way through but nearing the end he was so tired!  Lily was so cute and excited.  It is so fun to share something you love with your kids.  They thought the big nutcracker was so cool.  I kept them all sugared up with lots of treats, which always helps.
It was held at Desert Hills High School, where they have Thor's Hammer in a glass case.  Jackson thought it was so cool, and made the best faces for pictures.  
We went as a family to see the lights at the temple, and drove around  to find some music displays - the kids watched for way longer than I thought they would.
Adam picked up this house - they are so not my favorite.  Luckily the Tylers came over for dinner and a movie (The Muppets Christmas Carol!) and got the ball rolling so I didn't have to supervise at all, just let them eat all the candy and frosting they wanted.  I don't have a picture of the Christmas tree, but I have to say that it was so fun this year to decorate with my childhood decorations - helped with missing our own that are away in storage.
Other highlights included a Christmas Music devotional over in Green Valley that Peggy was in and invited us to.  One thing I really enjoy about living in St. George is being able to point out so many things to the kids about where Adam and I went to church as teenagers, or where we went to school, etc etc.  Being back in that ward house brought back so many memories.  We also had a ham dinner on Christmas Eve with the Tylers, and a very nice Christmas dinner at Terrel and Janet's the next day.  All in all it was a wonderful Christmas, although seeing pictures of the beautiful snow up north is a bit sad.

2 comments:

amanda said...

Just read through all these posts!! So many emotions and memories and good and hard wrapped up in 2014! Lots of wonderful things to come... your kids are so cute and happy. Miss you guys.

Britt-Marie said...

You really were so involved with music. How neat you were able to take your kids to that and share that with them.
Wow, Gregory would love that hammer too.
What do your kids think when you tell them about all the places in your history. It must be strange that both your parents have moved from the homes where you lived when you met.