Wednesday, August 26, 2015

...and another for June

The kids were super excited to find Sand Hollow Reservoir beach only 20 minutes away from home.  Nothing like sand and water on a hot day.   Such a gorgeous view with the deep blue water and red rock and sand everywhere.
This is one of my all time favorite pictures.  SO HAPPY!!!  She had just put her head down on the ground like playing peek a boo and came up fast and laughing.  Such a cutie.
 One of our last nights at Grandma and Grandpa's, Isaac hopped in the pack'n'play with Ada to keep her company.  They are really starting to play well together.  I hope I can figure out how to foster and encourage more of the same.
Courtesy of Isaac - early morning Ada.  Look at that just woken face and beautiful thick lips!  
That same morning I had slept in a bit and came out to this:  perfectly made cheesy eggs for everyone with the table set and even a bowl of oatmeal for Isaac since he doesn't like eggs.  When I took the picture Lily said "Wait!  The toast is coming!"  She loves to cook!!
Haircuts for the boys.  Awesomely enough, when I asked for the shortest clip to keep his part, Jack said it was too long and said he wanted a buzz.  So of course Isaac asked for the same.  They had so much hair, and were both so excited!  Along with me because it is 2 months later and I have just begun to need to comb their hair on Sunday!

 I bought this shirt which Dad labeled "appropriate."  Mom always gets a big kick out of what a busy girl Ada can be.
 Father's Day weekend we finally had Adam's family over for a pool party.  So many kids!
Ada takes her naps on our bed.  This day I had left her after a diaper change and came back to find she had laid down on the pillow and brought the blanket over too.  Thank heavens she now regularly naps every day!  It was not fun thinking she was done with napping since she refused at Mom's.
Amanda and Tyler left their boys with us while they celebrated their anniversary in NYC.  It was so neat to have them and see their personalities better.  When Amanda swam with Sammy before she left it took me, Adam, and Amanda to get him in a floatie.  But then when she was gone we put him in this little swim vest and with Grandpa's help he was totally independent, kicking wherever he wanted just like Ada.  Those vests are the greatest things ever.  Ada goes wherever she wants, in and out of the pool.  It is wonderful.
Isaac surprised me by going up a level in swim lessons.  I couldn't believe it since he is so darn tiny.  We still have to watch him like a hawk because he can't doggy paddle to breathe, but I'm sure by the time a year is up he will be swimming completely independent.   Which I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Lily and Jackson in swim team!  I had to overcome a lot of anxiety to let Jackson in the 13 foot pool without an instructor, but man was he anxious to try it.  I will never forget the time I went to watch and he was doing back stroke, but sinking like a fish with every stroke, having to hold on to the side to catch his breath and start again.  Every stroke.  It probably took him 8+ minutes to finish 25 yards, but he just kept on trying.  It was so amazing.  He loved swim team and initially I thought it was mostly because Chase and Zach were there, but even when they missed he still would go.  Not sure about Lily, who got out of quite a few practices, and complained a few times that she thought swim team would be fun, and they would just let you swim unless you weren't swimming, then they would say "Why don't you swim a few laps?"  The kids also went to a running camp led by the high school cross country team.  Again Lily complained, and tried to get Jackson to complain, but again he surprised me by going anyways, without Lily.  He definitely got a lot stronger this summer.  We will be a little more discerning next year when it comes to activities for Lily....She seems very happy with gymnastics and so I hope she continues and can see herself excel with that.
Mom got me to take this to show Amanda the zombie children watching TV at Grandma's house.  Ha!

1 comment:

amanda said...

What a great post!!! We are so grateful that you watched our kids. They were so happy at your house and still talk about it!!