Tuesday, August 25, 2015

and another

Here is May!  Lily and Jack's End of Year School Programs were so fun to watch.  Lily was so excited to have us come, and Jackson was hilarious as always with his silly faces.
Grandpa paid for the SG grandkids to do the Ironman Kids Fun Run.  I love love love the pre-race excitement feeling, and wonder if my kids do too.  I try to make it exciting and not stressful, hopefully they can feel the same.  I love the tough guys Chase and Zach.
Ada was pretty confused at what was going on.  Isaac was SO CUTE when he saw the Finish line; he started running as fast as he could and thought it was so cool.
This weekend was a girls getaway for the Bird women which I wasn't able to attend for various reasons.  Seeing Jack and Lily holding hands while running and finishing was worth missing that trip (even though I was so sad to not be there)!  It was the neatest thing ever and of course I cried.  I remember when Lily did the mile run with Adam 2 years ago and Jack wanted to do a race so he could hold hands with Lily.  I guess I didn't think he really would, but boy does he love his sister.
Here we are visiting the house we were about to buy.  Isaac was VERY excited about the Gatorade in the garage and wanted his picture taken with it.
Desert cactus blooms in Kayenta.  Now that we are in our own house I look back and am so grateful for being able to spend so much time with extended family - my parents during the weekdays and most Saturdays with Mimi and Papa.
Jackson charming the ducks and Isaac challenging the male gander.  I had to intervene as the gander was super protective and I kind of thought would try to eat Isaac he was so aggressive.  Mom and Dad were behind on the bench having a good laugh as I was standing there telling Isaac to come away and him go closer instead.  He really doesn't have much fear.
Mother and Daughter Luau for Activity Days.  Lily was so excited.  I love that she loves to do stuff with me, especially one on one.  It is nice to have moments of connection and memories to look back on.
Last day of 2nd grade and Kindergarten!  Lily was given the "Most Tidy Award" and was so upset that she left early with me instead of stay for the last part of the day.  Ha!  She said she is good at so many other things!  I agreed but also emphasized how awesome being tidy is....
We celebrated our 13th anniversary by going to Zions.  I forced Adam to pose with some of the best pizza ever from the Pizza Wagon in Hurricane.  We stopped the next day too to get enough for Mom and Dad who had offered to watch the kids while we were gone for the night.  It was a good break but very short lived as within 30 minutes of getting home I was crying in my bedroom after seeing what a mess the kids had made with my earrings, essential oil, and glitter powder....
I couldn't resist taking this shot:  "Sabrina, what can I say, I'm a busy guy."  Apparently I was pretty lucky he would take a day off of work to accompany me.

No comments: