Friday, August 28, 2015

next July installment

We went to a few new places in Cannon Beach this time around, this little tucked away place my favorite.  It was a nice little hike to get there, including going over one of those rickety wooden rope bridges.  So beautiful! Here are some July tidbits.  Behind the scenes of these happy shots I was having some serious issues with birth-control-producing-hormones, until I finally came to the conclusion that I need to remove myself from society at certain times.  Unfortunately I didn't realize that too quickly and let's just say it's lucky I'm still married.
Liz was always talking about how great it is in Pinevalley, where I was never overly impressed at being at a cabin where you have to bring your own food and clean up a ton after being there less than 24 hours, all while having little babies that don't really let you experience the peacefulness that place possesses.  I finally caught on to a few tricks like the nearby state park where the kids loved walking through the water - Jackson taking apart the dam, etc - and now the kids are almost old enough to actually entertain themselves, and can help clean up, and who cares if we eat cereal for two days, and now I'm hoping we make it more of a habit.
 Isaac and Pete, the inseparables.  They can just play and play, it is so neat.  We loved having those boys for as long as we did this summer!
 Rock climbing!  Thank heavens for the WCCC who allows all the rock climbing the kids could ever want at $5 a day, PLUS a huge indoor water play area with a hydrotube slide!  This is one of the greatest things about this area.  The kids fell in love the first time we went there, Lily took a few tries before she got to the top of Climb #1, and even though he had been climbing and trying repeatedly for about 45 minutes straight, Jack kept it up until he rang the bell as well.  When he came down I thought he would be ready to swim but he wanted to do it again (and again).
 We took a side trip to Portland to visit the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry.  It was incredible.  That place could keep a kid entertained and fascinated for a few weeks of intense study.
 S'mores on the beach.  My brain still isn't functioning 100% and I forgot to bring warm clothes for Ada.  Or anyone in the family.  Apparently I couldn't think about coats while in the 110 degree St. George weather.
 Adam got the camera and took a photo-video of me (i.e. like 40 pictures really fast).  Here I am describing the boys sand and water activity by the waves.  They were building a fort of sand and every time a wave came Isaac would run and repeat "Ahoy matey!  Ahoy matey!" and everybody would jump on top.  It was hilarious and so cute.
 The Pig'n Pancake.  Dad loves the idea of taking the grandkids out to eat.  I don't really understand since kids at restaurants are the worst.  Isaac ordered a full waffle, saw whipped cream on it and wouldn't touch it, then proceeded to only eat the whipped cream on his hot chocolate.
 It is lots easier to remember that these kids won't always be around, when they aren't around.
 This park was a main selling point for this house.  We didn't get there until 2 months after we moved!
 For about a month if Ada didn't have pants on, she would take her diaper off.  Immediately.
 My kids love Star Wars and found this app pretty awesome.  Like I have about 30 of these with different characters and backdrops.
Britt visited from California and it was so good to see her as always.  Love how these girls get along even though they only see each other once or twice a year.

No comments: