Friday, September 12, 2008

after hours accident

Adam got in a car accident last night on his way home from work. He stopped for traffic, but the car in back of him didn't. His leg hit the dashboard and then he slammed back into the driver's seat, breaking it. By the time he got home he was limping pretty bad, but still I had to convince him it was a good idea to go into the after-hours clinic he goes to for physicals. It was a pretty comical visit. The admitting secretary asked if he was in pain - am I weird for thinking that was an obvious question? She asked for his address and he responded "(801) 627..." then our address. She asked for his birthdate and he responded "August....January 1, 1982." I corrected him and said "January 8, 1982." He looked at me like I was an idiot and said "That's what I said." Luckily the nurse was on my side. Then Lily realized a little boy (about 4 yrs old) in the play area sitting at a table had a bag of candy so she went and sat by him. He left and started running away from her - she followed quite dilligently saying "mommy" repeatedly. Adam and I thought it was pretty funny, especially since it lasted our entire wait of about 5 minutes (although I did have to reassure the little boy that she wouldn't hurt him, she just wanted his candy).
Anyways, this morning Adam went to work, despite my suggestion that he stay home and actually follow the doctor's recommendation that he alternate ice and heat on his leg and keep it raised so it would heal faster - I didn't even mention my concern about his concussion-related answers to the secretary last night. Apparently, I'm the one who doesn't know anything!
(me as a wife)

No comments: